Pistachio Almond Tartlets
with Macadamia Nut Coconut Cream & Fresh Fruit
by Chef Kathryn Rogers of Vivacious Dish
1 3/4 cups almond meal
1/2 cup pistachio meal
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup grassfed butter
1/2 cup honey (split)
2 cups raw macadamia nuts (or cashews)
1 cup full fat coconut milk
Zest of 1 lemon Juice of half lemon
1 Tbsp. Vital Proteins Gelatin
Paper thin lemon slices
1. Soak macadamia nuts for 4-8 hours in water, then drain.
2. Make almond and pistachio meal from raw nuts following the directions in the video below.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Stir together almond meal, pistachio meal and sea salt, then add 1/4 cup honey. Use a pastry cutter to blend in butter until crumbly batter forms.
5. Use a teaspoon to measure out small balls of dough, and place on a baking stone, using the back of a spoon to press into 1/2 inch thick circles.
6. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until very lightly toasted around the edges. Cool on wire racks.
7. Place soaked macadamia nuts, coconut milk, 1/4 cup honey, lemon juice and zest in a high powered blender (I use Vitamix) and blend until silky smooth.
8. Sprinkle gelatin over top of macadamia nut cream and blend again until well combined.
9. Top cookies with a spoonful of cream, then with diced figs, diced strawberry, lemon slice and a sprig of mint.
Photos Courtesy of Vivacious Dish.